Under the responsibility of the Captain, the Chief Engineer must ensure the managing and maintaining of all installations, mechanical, hydraulic and electronic equipment of the vessel.
- Ensure the cohesion and motivation of the staff under his responsibility
- Develop maintenance schedules jointly with the Captain
- Manage stocks of consumables
- Participate in manoeuvring on the bridge during operations
- Prepare and monitor technical and regulatory visits
- Prepare and follow up on technical shutdowns
- Participate in the bridge watch
- Ensure that Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn during maintenance operations
- Participate in safety exercises (minimum once a month) on the ship
- Training: Mechanic’s certificate (3000 kW minimum) validated and up to date
- Experience: Chief Engineer experience required
- Skills: Good knowledge of electronics, fluent in English
- Qualities: Pragmatism, reactivity, anticipation. Motivated, dynamic, rigorous, you have good interpersonal skills and a sense of teamwork.
- Others: Certificate of fitness to board and valid passport
- Job location: On board, rotations in France and internationally
- Working hours: Schedule fluctuating depending on the activity
- Remuneration: According to the salary scale
This job is not available currently. You still can apply and our team will contact you once this position is re-opended.